Skip to content
Sale! 10% off orders over $100

Try this delicious sangria, nutritious and low in calories

Prueba esta deliciosa sangría, es nutritiva y baja en calorías

Sangria is one of the most popular drinks in Spanish cuisine. It’s a refreshing drink popular for its taste, with a good dose of sugar and wine. However, our nutritionist Sabrina Hernandez-Cano, who specializes in diabetic and heart-disease patients, has created a healthier version to help you stay focused on your weight loss goals. Enjoy the good things in life after a long day or wind down and relax with a glass of sangria. Check out the recipe below. It’s simple, delicious, and only has 90 calories per serving. 



- 1 tablespoon will pow(d)er

- 6 to 8 ounces of water 

- 1 small red apple, cut in small pieces

- ½ cup sugar-free fruit cocktail



Mix the will pow(d)er in water until completely dissolved. Add crushed or cubed ice to a glass along with the fruit. Garnish with a slice of strawberry before serving, and your sangria is ready. 


Benefits of this drink

  • The main ingredient in sangria is Will Pow(d)er, rich in magnesium – one of the most important elements in the human body essential for healthy functioning of the cardiovascular, digestive, and endocrine systems. It also has the potential to improve mood and treat depression. (1

  • According to a study, low magnesium levels have been associated with chronic diseases including migraines, Alzheimer's disease, hypertension, and type 2 diabetes. (2)

  • Will Pow(d)er is also rich in potassium, a nutrient essential for proper cell functioning. Research reveals that 90% of the potassium we consume is eliminated in the urine, and the remaining 10% is lost in feces and sweat (3). There is also evidence of association between potassium intake and a reduction in blood pressure, which in turn reduces the risk of stroke and coronary heart disease. (4)

  • Fiber is an important part of our daily diet. Consuming it regularly has been linked to weight loss and blood sugar control. It can also help lower blood pressure and prevent cardiovascular disease (5). Will pow(d)er contains dietary fiber and a blend of soothing botanicals to help you relax and enjoy the finer things in life. 

Enjoying your favorite beverage without alcohol and sugar IS possible. The secret is all in the ingredients you use and who you share it with. Cheers! 


Let's be healthier together.

Your friends, Santo Remedio




  1. Serefko A, Szopa A, Poleszak E. "Magnesium and depression." Magnes Res. Vol. 29(3):112-119. Mar 2016. doi: 10.1684/mrh.2016.0407. URL:
  2. Volpe SL. "Magnesium in disease prevention and overall health." Adv Nutr. Vol. 4(3):378S-83S. May 2013. doi: 10.3945/an.112.003483. URL:
  3. Stone MS, Martyn L, Weaver CM. "Potassium intake, bioavailability, hypertension, and glucose control." Nutrients. Vol. 8(7):444. Jul 2016. doi: 10.3390/nu8070444. URL:
  4. Weaver CM. "Potassium and health." Adv Nutr. Vol. 4(3):368S-77S. May 2013. doi: 10.3945/an.112.003533. URL:
  5. Aleixandre A, Miguel M. "Dietary fiber and blood pressure control." Food Funct. Vol. 4:1864-71. Apr 2016. doi: 10.1039/c5fo00950b. URL:
Back to blog
Limited time offers