This winter has a chance to be one of the most difficult of our lives. A stronger immune system is our chance to fight sickness, from the Coronavirus all the way down to the common cold.
What is “Protocol K”?
When the COVID-19 pandemic began, Dr. Juan reached out to an expert in natural medicine, Dr. Karen Koffler, Medical Director for the Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Miami. He wanted to discover the natural products, backed by science, that were most helpful in boosting the immune system. Dr. Koffler had some great suggestions, and her recommendations are how “Protocol K” was born.
When should I use Protocol K?
You can use the protocol in a preventative way, or when you are dealing with an active illness.
Protocol K for prevention
- Vitamin D: It’s necessary to fight off viruses and bacteria. Take 5000 IU during dinner.
- A multivitamin with copper: Copper acts in concert with iron to support the immune system. One capsule or tablet each day.
- Elderberry: Multiple studies have shown that it can have a positive effect on the respiratory system, including fighting off colds and allergies. 10ml a day is recommended in liquid form, or about two tablespoons.
- Vitamin C: Can shorten the symptoms of respiratory illness. Also aids optimal immune system function and the absorption of iron. 500 milligrams a day.
- Zinc: Can help stop bacteria and viruses, and raises our body’s natural defense system. You can take it in pill form or as a throat lozenge. Recommended dose is 15 milligrams a day.
- Melatonin: Helps in various ways, first and foremost to support your body’s natural sleep and wake cycle. Adequate sleep is a key ingredient to good immune health. Melatonin has also been studied as a way of improving immune cell function, and in controlling inflammation. Recommended dose is 3 to 5 milligrams before bed.
- Spirulina: Rich in iron and copper, it can help the absorption of zinc and other nutrients that support the immune system.
Protocol K for when you have an active illness or infection.
- Stop taking Elderberry.
- Stop taking Vitamin D.
- Up your intake of Vitamin C to 1000 milligrams, three times a day.
- Up your Zinc intake to 30 milligrams a day.
- Up your Melatonin to 10 milligrams before bed.
- Start taking N Acetyl Cysteine, a supplement that forms the base of a key amino-acid - it’s essentially an ingredient that your body uses to create the amino acids that fight viruses, reduces mucus, and strengthens immune defense. Recommended dose is 600 milligrams, twice a day.
While Protocol K is in no way a treatment for Coronavirus or Flu, it can be helpful in a complimentary way to strengthen your defenses. Of course you should use it in conjunction with all the other habits, self care, and preventative medicines that we love sharing with you. Remember…
Let’s get healthier, together!
Here’s where you can watch the amazing Dr. Juan in action, talking about Protocol K. Share it with your friends and family!
Your team at Santo Remedio