Let’s be honest with ourselves. Many of us hispanics have health issues, and it’s our fault. It’s our bad habits and choices that get us intro trouble and put us among the most at risk populations when it comes to fighting infections and other illnesses.
- Higher risk of heart disease and stroke (it’s our #1 cause of death).
- At least 45% of hispanics have high cholesterol.
- 60% of our community is being treated for high blood pressure.
- We’re 1.7 times more likely to be diagnosed with diabetes.
That’s because we tend to:
- Sleep less, and have lower quality sleep
- Work out less
- Eat bad, especially around national holidays
- Fall victim to excesses like smoking, drinking, fried foods, and processed sugar, etc.
All of these can combine to a much lower quality of life! But that’s not what we want for ourselves…
So let’s take the bull by the horns this Hispanic Heritage Month. Let’s celebrate our proud history in ways that make us healthier, not sick! We can still be happy and proud, but let’s make a few simple changes to make the celebration far more healthy.
Trust us, it will be worth it in the end, and it won’t even seem like such a sacrifice. And you’ll be building a better future for yourself, your family, and your community.
What’s your part in this? What can you do?
It’s simple, just take the first step towards better health, and then trust Santo Remedio to help you make it happen.
Over the next 5 weeks of Hispanic Heritage Month, we’ll be sharing simple changes you can make to improve your health. Get ready for some great information.
And make sure to share your journey with us as you go along. How are you feeling? How are the changes coming? Are you trying to do it alone? With a family member? With a friend? We care about you and want to hear about the changes you are making..so we can help you be even better.
Are you ready for the challenge?
Here we go!