Tips for radiant skin inside and out
It’s common to hear that beauty and health can come at a price. However, the true investment comes from creating a routine and the discipline to take care of your skin so it’s radiant, healthy, and smooth. According to experts, such as our dermatologist and creator of Piel Eterna, Dr. Leyda Bowes, certain tips can help us cover the different aspects that create and maintain the skin’s structure inside out. You’ll see it’s easier than you think, and the results can help improve how you feel in front of the mirror. We say that’s worth the attempt!
During the day:
- As soon as you wake up in the morning, spend a few minutes doing facial exercises or facial yoga. This helps stimulate circulation, relax, and tone the muscles in the face and neck areas. It’s been proven that to fight signs of aging, it’s necessary to strengthen the muscular structure of these areas (1). You can also do it at night before going to bed.
- Use a cold roller or an ice cube over your face to help reduce inflammation and improve blood circulation. This simple step also promotes skin brightness and improves cell regeneration. One of the most innovative non-invasive anti-wrinkle treatments that is performed in many dermatological centers (Focused Cold Therapy or Cold Tox), is based on the same principle. (2)
- Stay hydrated, drinking plenty of water and an infusion such as the Hibiscus Flower Tea, which contains acids and vitamins that support the clarity and freshness of the skin. You can also drink rooibos tea, rich in antioxidants and zinc, among others. Some studies have proven that it helps maintain the skin’s moisture. (3)
- Avoid fatty and low nutritional quality food, because not only does it make you gain weight, but it also deteriorates your body inside and out. Your skin is one of the first indicators of what you eat.
- Eat more fresh, green leafy vegetables and fruits. These are the best antioxidants providers to curb the effects of time and the environment.
- Make pure cocoa your best friend! It’s one of the most powerful and delicious foods that support the skin. It has many antioxidants, biotin, and resveratrol, all essential to improve and care for your skin from the cells. (4)
- Incorporate supplements that support your skin's nutrition every day, such as biotin, collagen, resveratrol, and vitamin C. The idea is to get them through your diet, but we can't always have enough, especially when there are skin problems. (5)
During the night:
- Sleep at least 7 to 8 hours and try to go to bed between 10 and 11 pm at the latest. Staying up late is not recommended if you want radiant skin. Dark circles, bags under the eyes, wrinkles, and pimples quickly take over tired faces.
- Use a pillowcase made of a material that reduces friction and prevents dryness. You can use satin or silk, as they reduce friction and with this, skin deterioration and wrinkles. You can also choose something infused with copper, which is especially suitable for fighting acne and other problems since it is antimicrobial. Plus, it helps activate collagen production, thus reducing wrinkles. (6)
- Don't skip your skincare routine. Cleaning, treating, and moisturizing each area of your face is essential to support and strengthen your skin, thus showing how healthy it is with its shine, texture, and freshness. Being consistent with your routine is crucial, as well as using the correct products, made with the best ingredients and most modern technology. If you don't want to waste time among so many brands, with our Piel Eterna line you’ll find everything you need, including the Restorative Neck and Décolletage Balm, areas often forgotten in beauty routines.
Paying attention to our skin when we eat, wake up, and go to bed are not huge sacrifices. Especially when the result has a positive impact on our self-esteem and confidence. You deserve it, right?
Let's be healthier, together.
Your friends at Santo Remedio.
1.Murad Alam, MD, MSCI, MBA, Anne J. Walter, MD, MBA, Amelia Geisler, BS,1 Wanjarus Roongpisuthipong, MD, Gary Sikorski,5 Rebecca Tung, MD,6 and Emily Poon, PhD1 Association of Facial Exercise With the Appearance of Aging. JAMA Dermatol. 2018 Mar; 154(3): 365–367. Published online 2018 Jan 3. doi: 10.1001/jamadermatol.2017.5142 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5885810/
2.Francis R Palmer 3rd 1 , Michael Hsu, Vic Narurkar, Thomas Munyon, Doris Day, Jwala Karnik, Kristine Tatsutani. Safety and effectiveness of focused cold therapy for the treatment of hyperdynamic forehead wrinkles. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Feb;41(2):232-41. doi: 10.1097/DSS.0000000000000155. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25654195/
3.P Chuarienthong 1 , N Lourith, P Leelapornpisid. Clinical efficacy comparison of anti-wrinkle cosmetics containing herbal flavonoids Clinical Trial, Int J Cosmet Sci. 2010 Apr;32(2):99-106. PMID: 20412217 DOI: 10.1111/j.1468-2494.2010.00522.x . https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20412217/
4.Giovanni Scapagnini,* Sergio Davinelli, Laura Di Renzo, Antonino De Lorenzo, Hector Hugo Olarte, Giuseppe Micali, Arrigo F. Cicero, Salvador Gonzalez. Cocoa Bioactive Compounds: Significance and Potential for the Maintenance of Skin Health Nutrients. 2014 Aug; 6(8): 3202–3213. Published online 2014 Aug 11. doi: 10.3390/nu6083202 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4145303/
5.Si Wen, Jiechen Zhang, Bin Yang, Peter M. Elias, Mao-Qiang Man, Role of Resveratrol in Regulating Cutaneous Functions, Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2020; 2020: 2416837. Published online 2020 Apr 14. doi: 10.1155/2020/2416837. PMCID: PMC7180429. PMID: 32382280 https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7180429/
6.Ji Hwoon Baek PhD, Mi Ae Yoo BA, Jae Sook Koh PhD, Gadi Borkow PhD.
Reduction of facial wrinkles depth by sleeping on copper oxide-containing pillowcases: a double blind, placebo controlled, parallel, randomized clinical study. First published: 03 September 2012 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1473-2165.2012.00624.x https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1473-2165.2012.00624.x
Con la llegada del verano aumenta la temperatura, el calor, las actividades al aire libre y la intensidad de los...
Puede ser que te intimide probar el Ayuno Intermitente o, si lo hiciste, no hayas conseguido los resultados que esperabas...
El verano está a la vuelta de la esquina, pero para muchas personas eso es motivo de estrés. Saber que...
Join the Santo Remedio family
Subscribe to receive gift gifts, discounts and advice from Dr. Juan